Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Poetic Panorama

Here is one of my poems which i wrote down in the winter of the year 2006 while i was studying in my room at around 2:00 a.m. in the morning.
At that time suddenly i heard a horrific cry of a cat and so this is its description in poetic form:



CAT'S CRY PERTURBED MY SLEEP




A cat groans again and again,

In the silent night and dead,

My sleep is perturbed once again,

The mystery and dilemma regained.

It cries as if in harmful pain

Symbolic to my problems chained.

I in the dark night of this world,

Am unable to sleep once maimed.

Now the dark and dreadful cloud

Will follow my sleep, if it comes,

And I will be be lost in dreams of doubt,

Nor restless neither peaceful ones.

Followed by the cry of a cat

Thunder and lightning occupy the frame,

The horrid lightning destroys the trees, yet another yet!

The uncanny horses with the carriage came

Outside the castle of my dream, that

Too with a Giantess, lady as dreadful as the devil of fame.

In the morn of next day

Descended I to the sill,

To look out what occured and what may,

I found this gloom and sadness followed me still,

For the morning had no light as though i was its prey,

It was with dark, disasterous, diabolic clouds filled,

And the cattle was unable to champ its hay,

For the hay was with dew killed.

In the bed with my blanket laid on i slept.

And again the nightmare followed me as my shadow

When I saw I wept,

And again was I lost somewhere,

In profound haunted depth.