Thursday, October 15, 2009

Prince In Penury!


I've heard, once we were famous and rich,

Since my childhood till today,

Through legends and lore

I discover my ancestors' glory

Alas we are rich and famous no more!


I know not where it did all go?

All is lost, all is gone

Ones that are born

Today in our lineage

Are without money and a name!

They ought to strive for their fate,

Fortune and fame.

We weren't born to see

The mighty castles and carriages great!

But alone and only penury!

Days do pass and nights do go

In listening to age-old stories!

Of glory, glory and glory!

My ears are worn out of late,

I despise the ill luck, our misfortune and fate!


Wouldn't we have been feared?

For doesn't awe with power come?


But what would cursing and swearing do?

Now I have full well understood,

I was born to revive our glory!

For my ancestors, for my successors,

I'll stand and be the benefactor

And pave my way to glory!


Here I stand,

Here I advance, Here I go,

Towards my glorious goal!!

No comments: