Sunday, July 4, 2010

SYLVAN SURROUNDINGS







The howling winds,
The haunting fog,
The misty mounts,
The lovely lake
Transport me to an alien world
No want, no desire hovers there
I silently serenely sit alone
Lost in the woods, among the trees
Tranquillity overcomes me; I am filled with bliss,
Tears roll down the cheeks,
The soul is purged pure.

I love thee God, the soul,
Which like me resides in all.
I know this entire enchanting sylvan world
Resides within me, in my inner space.
For hours, for days
Without a longing of material world
I am lost in such marvel!

Each moment passing by
Makes me conscious of my essence.
The soul becomes whole
Ready to mingle with the Supreme Soul.
No pleasure, no pain, no earthly gain
Does it want again and again.
Without longing, without desire
It has become ever blissful.
Rain drops trickle down the giant trees,
Falling on my eyes, my hairs,
On my earthly existence,
I am replenished, my soul cries in joy.
There’s thunder and lightning strikes
Without there’s strife.
My soul evaporates
In communion with nature it resides.

Ah! Alas! So reluctant am I
To return to the gross world,
To be among the crowds
In the streets hovering with cars,
Although, this all no more torments me,
But blissful peace I attain
When I am among the thick woods
Of the misty mountains overlooking the lake
Where clouds overhead form the hood.

No comments: